Monday, June 15, 2009

He's Gotta Love You for YOU




Hey Darlings!

I hope you're feeling great these days and doin what needs to be done to ensure that you're getting proper rest, nutrition, spiritual nourishment, and sleep! I'm a mom, these sort of sentences flow through me effortlessly these days. Sorry! But I still hope you're taking care of yourselves!

I've been super busy the last few weeks with taking care of the baby, the home, and the hubby. Between the three of us the needs are great, but somehow we're finding the patience to handle it all---with grace. Interestingly, the husband has been growing exponentially in his spiritual life and well let me say, it's hot!

In so doing, he said something the other day that really stuck out to me. He said that he was listening to a message with author Jess Maccalum who was discussing his book entitled, "I Married Wonder Woman...Now What?: A Superhero's Guide for Leading and Loving the 'Proverbs 31' Wife" I found what he learned particularly interesting: respect your wife's ambitions and give her the room to make mistakes, build her home, and work her business or businesses---without giving her slack and a lot of well---his opinion! I'm paraphrasing but this is definitely good news because even being in 2009, there are still many men who think that we---the women, the wives---are good for nothing more than cleaning, cooking, and taking care of the kids. It's quite refreshing to know, the there's an army of men who are eager to embrace their ladies as "helpmates" and not "helpers". Trust me, there's a difference.

I say all this to say ladies, if you're following in the footsteps of the Proverbs 31 woman---she who is up before everyone and down when everyone has gone to bed; who is busy working her land, taking care of her helpers and/or employees, and ensuring that her family is prepared, in and out of season---then it is a MUST that you link with a partner whose going to bless you and praise you for who you really are. Anything less just won't due, and settling will only lead to resentment later. But if you are already linked to someone whose having trouble with this concept and you wanna give that rascal another chance, maybe you could drop a hint---and a book on his head so he can get a clue!

All the best in life and love!
Smooches!
...and hugs too!
Latasha

No comments: